<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://longfortruth.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Long For Truth: From a Child's Perspective

Saturday, December 27, 2014

From a Child's Perspective

This Christmas we got my oldest son and daughter their first tablets. Without saying, they were ecstatic! My first thought was to install a good Bible program so that they could follow along when I or our other elder preaches. We chose Olive Tree because, simply put, it's the best app for Bible reading on a tablet. That's what they originally intended the program to be in the first place.

Olive Tree has a lot a of good features. One that makes it so good is their note taking tool. You can take notes on a particular passage or verse with a pane opened right beside your passage. My 10 year old daughter loves to take notes, and has been doing so in her notebook for awhile now, as per the screenshots below:




This morning, as we were doing our family worship time she had taken notes on her tablet with her Olive Tree app. We were reading from 1John 4. As fathers we have an incredible impact on our children. Deuteronomy 6 instructs fathers to teach their children and bring them up in the admonition of the Lord.

 I always get excited when I read my daughter's notes. Though she may not "get all of it" she does get it. And this morning especially, as I was explaining what 1John meant her notes (on the left pane of the screenshot) reflected that. No, they weren't particularly theologically deep. In fact, as you can see, she explained it quite simply. But she got it!



It brings my heart much joy to know that my children are understanding God's Word. I can only thank God for His mercy and grace in this area, but He certainly does use these things to lay a foundation for future service in His glory.

Teaching them diligently, 
Steven


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please read the blog rules in the 'About' section before posting your comment. Otherwise, your comment may be deleted without notification. Thanks.

The Truth Team

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home